Grok


"Grok" was coined by Robert Heinlein in "Stranger in a Strange Land." It is an awesome word.


Thursday, February 7, 2013

Joshibee



The moment finally arrived. Went to Jollibee for lunch and tried the Yum Burger with cheese. Dee-lish, I could pound a few of those things. Fries were good, too, which is a good test of a fast-food chain. So that’s a pass for Jollibee.


Speaking of passing – all of the new editorial team are doing so with flying colors. I try not to talk about work in the blog, but they are a great group. Very proud of them and am sure I will continue to be. I will be shifting to the nighttime next week and will miss our first group of Manila editors a great deal. However, on to group number two – a fresh challenge.

Took the time on the way home to explore Greenbelt some more. Went to Rustan’s, a local supermarket, in search of some toiletries and goodies because the hotel shampoo/conditioner I’m using just isn’t getting the job done. Lots of fun looking at all the strange foods and items, but there is a lot that you can find stateside as well. Found some Red Horse, which is supposedly THE local beer, especially in that it’s stronger than most. Too dehydrated and tired to drink tonight, but I will be back. You can’t find it in the bars/restaurants of Greenbelt.

In my downtime I’ve been drinking San Miguel Premium which is a local lager. It’s a great, refreshing way to end my day. Looking forward to trying Red Horse; but since I come from the land of awesome/strong/hoppy microbrews, I remain skeptical.

Also, I stopped at Jollibee again so that I could try their Crunchy Chicken Burger. It was good, but that’s it – no Jollibee tomorrow! Maybe Saturday.

And now for the pictures.


 Morning smog check: compare these to Sunday and Monday's. It builds every day.


 Outside our hotel, morning commute.


PBCom Tower, you might have heard of it.






Jeepney gallery: the one on the bottom will take you all the way to Washington.


New Vocus Manila team (back to front, left to right): Raine, Trizzy, Jan, Dee, Grace, JR, Ahmad, Cat, Nikki, Yours Truly, Andrea, Jar and Gail.


Had to include it.

This one's for you babe!

No comments:

Post a Comment